Call Us For Immediate Service - 1 (817)-274-1800



It’s frustrating to deal with a neighbor who loves loud music and parties or who can’t seem to keep their voices down during arguments or fights.  It’s noise, noise, noise, all the time and because they live so close to you, there’s no way you can escape the ruckus. What a nightmare!

If you’re the landlord of a property inhabited by an unruly tenant, you–unlike the neighbors who have to put up with all the noise–can legally terminate the troublemaker’s lease. But that doesn’t mean the process will go smoothly or be easy.

You have to document the nature of the complaints filed against the tenant and then tell them that they have caused a disturbance.  Should the behavior–and the complaints–continue, then you have to arrange a meeting with the offender and send a letter afterwards that recapitulates the points made during your discussion.

If that doesn’t work, then you have to send a reminder that the lease prohibits the wanton disturbance of others. And if that doesn’t solve the problem, it’s time to send a Notice of Breach and Right to Cure form (a.k.a. the Cure or Quit notice), which gives the tenant one last time to tone it down.

Through all of this, you have to keep careful records of every complaint lodged against the noisemaker that include specific information regarding how the tenant in question are violating the lease. This is because if you have to go to court for an eviction, the judge has to verify that you gave your tenant three chances to comply with these regulations before eviction proceedings can take place. And the eviction itself can take time.

Why put yourself through all of this when there is an easier way to manage rental properties? The Herman Boswell Property Management team handles tenant problems quickly and professionally so that they don’t get out of hand. And if they do, you can count on us to end the nightmare before you start losing unnecessary sleep over your investments.