WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A PROPERTY MANAGEMENT FIRM
Are you a landlord struggling to manage multiple property holdings? If so, chances are that you’d benefit from handing over management of those homes, apartments and/or condos to a property management company. But before you seek this kind of assistance, you need to make sure you know who you’re dealing with.
Here’s a list of a few important things to look for in a property management firm:
- Make sure that any company you consider has the relevant credentials. In most states including Texas, a property management company must be licensed as a real estate broker if they are collecting rent, listing properties for rent or helping to negotiate leases.
- Ask the company for a few references and get feedback from past clients. Also try to speak with current clients and see what they have to say about the kind of service they are receiving from the company.
- Investigate the firm’s overall track record and consider the kinds of properties that firm has managed in the past.
- Look at how the company handles such issues as monthly reports, collections and finances. You should also get information on reply time: that is, how quickly the firm responds to problems or complaints.
- Check to see if the firm is a member of the local Chamber of Commerce and whether or not it has any other business affiliations. Professional memberships can give you an idea of the company’s status within the property management industry.
Your properties represent a significant financial investment: their management should only be entrusted to a property management firm with a proven track record of success. Herman Boswell Property Management is proud to offer service that consistently exceeds industry standards. We look after your real estate interests so that you can relax.